CPD UK Certified Human Resources Manager (CHRM) Training Course Summary
LearnersPoint’s Human Resources Management Program - Bigger, Better & Clearer
Having a solid grounding in the functional areas of traditional Human Resources, such as compensation or recruitment and retention, is now just the price of admission. To really make your mark and have a measurable and recognized impact, you as a human resource and labor relations professional require a deeper toolkit. In this uniquely conceptualized training program by LearnersPoint, you’ll learn how to pull on key Human Recourse levers and adapt them to the Human Resource function for greater impact in the larger organization.
Our curriculum has been validated by both scholarly and professional research. It incorporates the ground-breaking work by David Ulrich and significant others, and the knowledge and abilities that people management professionals require now and in the coming years to be credible and valuable contributors.
As the leading body on the management and professional development of people, CPD has a strong commitment to individual members on continuing self-improvement. CPD UK certified Certified Human Resource Manager training course shall provide resources and tools that help you build your next level Human Resource career.
CPD UK Certified Human Resources Manager (CHRM) Training Course Objectives
- Provides students with the latest tools and skills they need to function as successful managers in both human resources and business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms such as LinkedIn and cloud computing.
- The training focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on the HR field. The ability to vet potential employees on the Internet shifts more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the training prepares students with everything they need to be successful managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
- To acquaint students with the idiosyncrasies and demands placed on top management in terms of strategic decisions, as opposed to functional management.
- To actively involve students in the exploration of current ideas, issues, problems and techniques associated with top management duties and apply a focus on the total organization from a global perspective.
- To familiarize students with the current literature, concepts, and theories of Strategic Management.
- To improve and sharpen report writing and oral presentation skills.
- CPD ensures that you maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills you need to deliver a professional service to your customers, clients and the community.
CPD UK Certified Human Resources Manager (CHRM) Training Course Outline
Module 1 Human Resource Policies and Strategies
- Developing apposite HR policies and strategies
- Examining the components of HR policies
- assessing, developing and the strategic needs of the organisation
- Studying the Human Resource strategies that organizations commonly use
- Classifying internal and external factors that shape HR strategies and policies
- Recognising the importance of strategy driven human resource management
- Identifying the challenges in HR
- Recognizing the value of HR ethics
Module 2 HRBP (HR Business Partnering)
- Aligning HR with business strategy
- Determining the gaps by conducting organisational diagnostics
- Accomplishing active HR business partnering.
- preparing for the futuristic HR business partnering
- Connecting Business goals with Human Resource strategies
- Understanding the impact of external factors on Business alignment
- Managing the HRBP role
- Reinforcing and extending the scope of business partnerships
Module 3 UAE Labour Laws
- Knowing employee and employer rights
- Understanding the minimum standards of employment law
- Distinguishing the types of employment contracts.
- Managing the contract of employment
- Understanding salary and WPS
- Understanding the impacts on termination of contract and dismissal
- Listing the statutory benefits and non-statutory benefits
Module 4 Recruitment strategies
- Job analysis and design
- Identifying the objectives of strategic staffing
- Understanding the influence of the external environment on recruitment
- Understanding the impact of efficient manpower planning
- Evaluating the present issues and practices in staffing process
- Comparing various decision-making models
- Understanding the relationship of recruitment with other HR functions
- Developing and administering various interview techniques
- Understanding the benefits of employee testing including psychometrics
- Identifying and implementing retention strategies
- Creating a succession plan
- Identifying and addressing contemporary issues in staffing
Module 5 HR Competencies
- Mastering the HR transformation
- Realizing the HR value proposition
- Developing HR competency framework
- Mastering behavioural event interviewing techniques (BEI)
- Translating competencies into a meaningful HR system
Module 6 HR Balance Scorecard (HR-BSC)
- Evaluating performance management system and realizing the need for BSC
- Exploring the benefits of balance scorecard approach
- Identifying the parameters to link
- Discussing various guidelines and issues
- Developing BSC using the 4 BSC value-propositions
Module 7 Compensation and Rewards Management
- Designing implementing and measuring equity pay system
- Benchmarking market pay practices
- Considering indirect and direct pay components
- Developing a salary policy and model
- Defining the internal job structure
- Examining external competitiveness
- Examining market-pricing
- Conducting surveys, collating and using the data
- Examining the features of benchmark jobs
- Developing variable pays
- Budgeting and forecasting compensation
- Categorizing employee benefits
- Considering alternate compensation solutions
Module 8 Strategic Workforce Planning
- Defining and developing strategic workforce planning
- Diagnosing current workforce planning practices
- Conducting research
- Evaluating the productivity of existing strategic workforce planning process
Module 9 HR Measurement and Metrics
- Determining and creating various HR measurement and metrics
- Using metrics to measure ROI
- Creating HR measurements and metrics and what to measure and why
- Designing HR modelling tools
- Designing HR scorecard to align with business needs
- Building the metrics business case
- Turning metrics into analytics and analytics into strategies
- Deciding what metrics are important to your business
Module 10 Employee Engagement and Talent Management
- Understanding the evolution of employee engagement
- Highlighting the benefits of engagement?
- Using the employee engagement to create higher financial returns
- Focusing on engaging top line performers
- Analysing the factors that motivate top performers
- Incorporating organisation’s talent strategy to individuals’ career
- Identifying avenues for increasing engagement levels